Spicy Hummus, Grilled Chicken and Vegetables Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas (wholegrain if you can get them)
- 2 Small skinned chicken tights (grilled)
- 1-2 Cups sliced vegetables (onion, eggplant, zucchinni, bell peppers, etc)
- 1-4/1-2 cup spicy hummus (link below)
- a handful cheese (shredded)
|Slice all the veggies and either grill them or stir fry them for 5 minutes for a quicker option. |
|Cut chicken (which should be cooked, this recipe is a nice one to use up leftovers) into chunks. |
|Spread a layer of hummus on two of the tortillas and top them with chicken, veggies and cheese. |
|Top with the remaining tortillas and cook in the oven for 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted. |
Amounts of each ingredient are orientative, use as much as you'd like!
If you don't have chicken leftovers, you can stir fry some chicken breasts or simply omit it altogether. It'll be tasty anyway!
I suggest using a mild cheese so it doesn't overpower the rest of flavors. Even low fat cheese would be nice here.
You can find the recipe for Spicy Hummus here.