Time for some chocolate muffins! These are made with protein powder so they make a delicious post-workout treat.
Hello my loves!
We’re keeping it super short and sweet today because:
a) I’m still down with my cold and I’d like to cut down on the time I spend in front of computers because I tend to get migraines *sigh*
b) There’s a food microbiology exam in my near future aaaaaaaaaaaaaand every little bit of my spare time is spent sifting through loads of lab notes and whatnot. Very interesting subject but there’s just so much to study!!!!! Like, there are so many ways you can actually die when you put food in your mood it’s (not) funny!!!!
I would say it really puts me off from eating all the yum stuff BUT we all know that’s not true and cos I just like food wayyyyyy too much.
Let’s talk muffins. And I mean good things about muffins not the hundreds of patogens which could be in there, waiting to end you.
Now that we’re talking bad bacteria and all those lil’ bugs whose only life purpose is to kill you, I will say that muffins – especially vegan muffins free from dairy and egg, which are such a great home for bacteria – are one of the foods which are less likely to be contaminated, which in my books means: MUNCH ON MUNCH ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Anyway número dos, I’ll probably should shut my mouth and let you enjoy your food in peace, so I’m going to actually talk about interesting muffin facts now.
- They’re fluffy! They’re moist! And they’re deliciously chocolaty!!!!!!! Plus, there’s a chocolate avocado mousse involved so you know that’s gotta be gr8.
- They’re also high in protein so they make a fabulous post-workout treat (or an anytime snack, really – when is it a bad time for muffins anyway)
- I know I say I would shut up, but let me mention it again: they’re unlikely to kill u.
The powder I used is the Vegan Chocolate Powder by My Protein. I love how it has a mild flavour and still lets the rest of ingredients in the muffins shine through. Plus it’s really cost-effective as well! Feel free to check it out 🙂
And now it’s time for:
- You to go make these muffins.
- Me to go back to revision.
Hasta luego babies! I hope you love these if you give them a go!
Hope you all have a brilliant week ahead!