…aka what I eat 99.999999999% of the time.
For real now. This combo is all that your breakfast needs. Forget other oatmeal combinations. Nothing will ever come close to the wonder that sweet, fluffy vanilla oatmeal covered in maple syrup is.
RIEN DE RIEN.
*Proceeds to look up how to spell “nothing” in different languages but then gives up because a girl is lazy and she needs a nap*
Anyway. I can’t believe I hadn’t posted this recipe sooner. Like, if you guys follow me on Instagram, you’ll know by now that these oats are all I ever eat. No shame. I’m pretty sure you would too, if you knew how to make them.
Aaaaaaand today is your lucky day! Because I finally took off my lazy pants and uploaded the recipe. Can I get a collective “YAAAAAAAAY”
This one is actually a super quick and easy recipe. Like, it hurts me to actually call it recipe because all that you have to do is throw a couple of things into a bowl, stir and heat. Voilà! Breakfast perfection. Now prepare yourself to actually go through an entire 1kg packet of oats in a week. At least they’re cheap, hey.
- 1 cup (90 grams) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) water
- 1 + 1/2 cup (360 grams) almond milk
- 3 tbsp. (60 grams) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- optional: 1 tbsp. (15 grams) almond butter
- Whisk together in a saucepan all the ingredients but the almond butter (if using)
- Heat on medium until oatmeal is simmering and thickens, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Add a spoonful of almond butter and stir again.
- Remove from heat and top with your favourite fruits, nuts and seeds!
- If oatmeal is too thick for your liking, feel free to add an extra splash of milk and extra maple syrup.