Hello everyone! As you should know by now if you read this blog often, I’m like, the queen of procrastination. So, I’m pretty sure it’s no surprise that I’m having to write and schedule all the posts that should go up while I’m on holiday on the same day.
Yay, that’s so Consuelo.
You’ll have to forgive me for the super lame post I’m soooorry. On the bright side, this salad bowls are such amazing ones and the dressing is to die for so I’m hoping that will make up for it?
People who pick on salads and call them names and stuff? Dude, I bet you that they’ve never had anything like this. Potatoes and rice? In a salad? YAYY, can you say delicious?! Throw in some (lots) of greens and drizzle with the simplest, yet most delicious parsley lemon dressing and you’re golden.
I know it sounds deceptively simple, but you really need to give this one a go! You can add whichever greens you like best (although, let’s be honest, nothing can beat romaine lettuce), go for brown rice or quinoa if you fancy a more fiber-rich meal (although those spuds and greens should have you covered) and, whatever you do, don’t forget the dressing!
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 small avocado
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by boiling the rice and potatoes and steaming the broccoli.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Toss everything into a bowl and drizzle the dressing on top.
- You'll likely have extra dressing!