Hello everyone! It’s me Consuelo keeping it mega short and sweet today (again)
Because I’m such a procrastinator and I’m having to queue all the posts that should go up during my followers the same night.
Like, I gotta leave for Dublin in 4 hours.
AND I still have 4 posts to schedule.
Good thing is that, as you read, I’m probably on holiday. Probably because there’s a really really high chance that I’ve missed my flight or something. I would be lying if I said it hasn’t happened ooops.
Anyway! Caramel sauce! With a peanut touch! Hey how good is that???????
It’s creamy, velvety, sweet with a salty hint and basically the best thing ever. Also super easy to make aaaaaand vegan. Yes vegan caramel! You are the blood in my veins, the air in my lungs and the reason I breathe. I love u caramel.
Aaaaaaaand caramel based desserts too *wink wink*. I have some of those scheduled as well so keep those eye peeled!
- 250 grams sugar
- 120 grams coconut milk
- 60 grams coconut oil (or vegan butter)
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 150 grams creamy peanut butter
- Okay, this might be called "easy sauce", but you'll still pay with burning sugar so you have to be a bit careful. Fear not, because if I am able to make this, so you are.
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan on low-medium until it melts.
- Carefully, add in the warm milk, stirring constantly.
- Add in cream of tartar and whisk until creamy.
- Add in coconut oil and whisk again.
- Add in peanut butter and stir once again until creamy.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Cream of tartar is necessary if you want your sauce not to form crystals in the jar.