Remember that period I went through last year when I ate nothing but pancakes? Ah, those good ol’ times. How fabulous was it waking up to a glorious, warm stack of pancake-y goodness, followed by another stack for lunch (and the leftovers as snackzzz) and ending the day with another plate of fluffy goodness?
Breakfast for dinner = heaven.
Breakfast anytime of the day = YASSSSS.
Anyway, if you’ve been reading often, you should know by now that I’m one of these people who goes through food phases. Weetabix all day everyday for the next three months? Sounds good. All-rice diet? Yeah, gimme that rice. Nothing but peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for a whole month and a half?? GREAT.
What can I say, “obsessive” is like my middle name – be it foods, TV shows or bands we’re talking about. A girl simply does not like them, a girl is completely and irreversibly obsessed with them.
And, while my all-things-pancakes obsession is not 100% back, I sure fancied a warm stack of fluffy goodness. And oh, yeah, let me add two (giant) handfuls of chocolate chips WHY NOT. They’re sweet, they’re melty and they make the pancakes even more amazing. Why wouldn’t you add them, that is the real question.
Plus, no one please forget about the maple syrup (!!!!!!!!!!). Why use a drizzle when you can bathe your stack in a giant poodle of maply goodness. That is another of the real questions you should be asking yourself.
Like, nobody dare to half-ass your pancake experience.
Give it your best shot!
Make them fluffy!!
Make enough pancakes to feed an army!!!
Add them chips!!!!
Don’t skimp on the sryup!!!!!
AND VEGAN BUTTER PLEASE!!!!!!
This was an official announcement from the “I love pancakes more than I like breathing” comitee. Now you may resume whatever you were doing. Which are pancakes, we hope.
Also the comitee is just me.
I just happen to like pancakes a tad to much.
- 255 grams cake flour
- 40 grams rolled oats
- 15 grams ground flax seeds
- 340 grams almond milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 80 grams sugar
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- two handfuls of chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and flax.
- Add the liquid ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Heat a non-stick (this is really important as you should be using no oil to grease it) pan and when it's warm, drop 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Cook on low-medium until bubbles appear in the surface and then flip and cook until golden.
- Enjoy warm with vegan butter and maple syrup!