Morning pals! I’m going to keep it super short and slightly sweet today as I’m reaaaally busy with my exams and, even though I’d love it, I’m not able to devote my whole Sunday to talk all things porridge.
However, I wanted to make some time to share this morning’s bowl of porridge. I often get a lot of requests for the recipe whenever I post my oats on Insta so I thought I’d upload this one since it turned out super duper fluffy and I wouldn’t want to to miss it!
Simple ingredients and only 5-7 minutes of your time make for the most amazing bowl of porridge you’ll ever have. The texture is so soft and creamy that it’s hard to believe it’s porridge you’re eating!
Plus, this is a pretty basic flavour, which means you can go crazy with the toppings or even taking it to the next level adding your favourite spices. Let me know if you give it a go using the #honeyandfigsblog tag on Instagram. I would love to see your recreations!
- 300 grams coconut milk
- 55 grams rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Mix together milk, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat milk mixture in a saucepan until it simmers.
- Add in the oats.
- Keep heating until mixture simmers. Make sure you stir this mixture often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When it simmers, keep heating for 2-3 minutes until porridge is creamy.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings!
- I use the coconut milk which comes in a can. Both full-fat and light are fine!
- You can use any kind of spices you feel like using. This recipe is like a blank canvas!
- If porridge ends up too thick for your liking, add an extra splash of coconut milk.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!