List of things which make my heart jump with the excitement of a thousand kids in a candy store:
- The size of my head.
- The kind which is studded with chocolate chunks as big as a small-sized country.
- MELTY ones.
- As many as one can humanly fit into a cookie.
Also on the list: warm tea, rainy afternoons spent at home baking, TV shows involving men with a beard which may or may not know nothing, two-hour naps, pizza dates with friends, going out for beer with my pals, time spent with the fam watching said shows and eating more of that pizza… Anthing can make that little heart of yours dance if you decide to be happy in the moment soooo it’s pretty much an endless list we’ve got here.
For the record I might or might not have just realised that the list makes it sound as though the size of my head is what makes my heart hop with joy??? Cucumber-sized heads for the win hey!
Though let’s talk big double chocolate brownie cookies now. How good they are? The mere thought of having a batch of freshly baked ones in front of me right now makes my heart race. So fluffy, tender, soft, velvety, chocolaty, fudgy and delicious. Yep, I totally had a Thesaurus moment here. But how good are these, that’s the question here.
Thankfully university is being super duper demanding with me right now (thankfully you say ha ha ha), which is probably the only thing stopping me from devoting my existence to the sole art of eating cookies.
That’s a live I would love to lead oh man. Where do I sign for that?
Anyhoo. Cookies. The size of my head. (Or the size of your head if you feel that yours is bigger and you want a ginormous cookie. This is your choice my little grasshoper) ((OR maybe the size of my pops’ head if you’re feeling EXTRA hungry. Boy, does the man have a gigantic head.
Anyhoo number two (how do I get so distracted??? Must be all that uni homework putting a strain on my abiity to think like a rational adult I guess). If you like cookies which are 1) tasty 2) healthy 3) and vegan 4) chocolatastic 5) the bomb diggity… then you’re in for a treat! A very delicious one I must add!
Get your baking pants on (or if you’re like me when midterms season rolls in, do a bit of pant-less living), and bake a batch of these babies. 100% guarantee they’ll get that fab heart of yours racing!
- 150 grams spelt flour
- 60 grams cacao powder
- 100 grams coconut sugar
- 80 grams white sugar
- 50 grams almond flour
- 180 grams almond milk
- 110 grams coconut oil
- 60 grams dark chocolate, grated
- 100 grams chocolate, chopped
- Whisk together flours, sugars, cacao and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, milk and grated chocolate and stir to combine.
- Stir in some chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC (350F) for 12-15 minutes.
- They will look undercooked when you take them out of the oven, but they harden as they cool!
- Brown sugar can be used in place of coconut sugar.
- Any kind of veggie milk can be used.