Maaaaaaaaama, just killed a man.
Oh well. Kind of. I gave my brother one of these ice-cream cookie sandwiches and now he’s lying on the floor, probably wandering around dessert heaven.
Now seriously. These cookies are the bomb or the mother of all bombs I’d say. I’ve no words to describe them… but that might just be because my mouth is full of cookies right now hmm. In my defense I must add that it’s 8472384ºC outside which obviously calls for ice-cream sandwiches #fact.
Creamy, naturally sweet peanut butter nana ice-cream stuffed between two fudgy chocolaty cookies and then drizzled with salted caramel sauce. Because when something tastes awesome, chances are high that it will taste 98878 times better drizzled with some caramel #anotherfact #becauseiknowyoulikemyfacts. Or maybe you hate them. But I have the cookies, I have the power so I’ll keep on with my scientifical data share. Puahahaha *voldemort style evil laugh*
Whateverrrrrrrrrrr. Let’s get back to the cookies. If there is anything that can make them better, it’s some extra chocolate chunks and yeah, that’s another fact #sorrynotsorry.
That’s why we adding a chopped chocolate bar too. C’mon, some extra chocolate chunks never hurt anyone! Unless… unless they’re falling off the sky from a 34827394m altitude, that is. In that case, I do believe they might be rather dangerous. BUT fear not – we’re not throwing chocolate chunks at people, we’re eating them. See? No danger at all.
Let’s do a quick recap now. We have fugdy chocolate cookies, some creamy banana ice-cream flavored with the goodness of salty peanut butter, some melty chocolate chunks added for good measure and a salted caramel drizzle… if you think that things can get any better, do tell me, because that’s a cookie I need to try.
Here comes the part where I mention that these cookies are vegan AAAAAAAAND healthy! No buttah in sight (although I love it don’t get me wrong!), less sugar than most versions out there and the filling is just made of bananas and peanuts, yet it stays super creamy.
Life = changed.
Only one more thing before I leave before my laptop explodes from alllll the heat: do not and I mean DO NOT try to feed these to someone who doesn’t like bananas. Just. Don’t. In case you didn’t know it, bananas get 98098223 times more banan-ier when you freeze them so proceed with caution.
But if you guys love the stuff, you’ll be bananas for these.
((((((((((((Yes sorry that was a really bad one – I’m leaving now))))))))))))
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 45 grams cocoa powder
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 40 grams white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 110 grams olive oil
- 125 grams coconut yogurt
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 600 grams bananas, frozen in chunks
- 300 grams natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 120 grams coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix in the wet ones and stir to combine.
- Add in chocolate chunks.
- Line a baking tray with a silicon mat and drop spoonfuls of the dough. It doesn't spread out much, so they'll keep the form they have raw.
- Bake at 180ºC (375F) for 10-12 minutes or until done. They're meant to be soft!
- Cut the bananas into chunks and freeze until solid.
- Use a really powerful food-processor and pulse them until creamy.
- Add in peanut butter and sugar if using and pulse to combine.
- Freeze for 1 hour before you assemble the sandwiches.
- Mix sugar, milk and salt and boil for 2 minutes until it thickens. Stir so it doesn't burn!
- Make sure your cookies are completely chilled or else the ice-cream will melt.
- Spoon out some ice-cream between two cookies.
- Freeze for 1 hour before you eat them!
- Any thick yogurt may be used instead coconut yogurt if you cannot find it. Your local health food store should carry it though!
- This recipe is vegan.
Sorry for the quality of the pics, by the way! I think that all food-bloggers can agree on how darn difficult is to shoot frozen everything in the summer! But trust me, these are delicious anyway! 😉