GUESS WHO’S BACK!!!!!!!!
Not my laptop, that’s for sure hehe. But good news is that I’m finally done with all of my exams. School is over guys – OVER. Which obviously means siestas, pancakes, fiesta, and lots of blogging! I thought I’d never see this day come but I’M FINALLY FREE!
((Sorry for the excitement and all the caps, but you’ll have to bare with me if you want the pancakes… or you could scroll all the way down but where’s the fun then huh?))
Whateverrrrr. In a couple of days I’ll finally know if I’m getting into the university I want so keep your fingers crossed for me please! Finals went well, except for the math one which was super difficult but I still don’t know which mark I got, so no point in complaining right now.
((Cheesy interruption to mention how badly I’d missed you all and your posts hehe I’m glad I’m back))
Let’s talk pancakes now.
(I wish I cold write “eat” instead of “talk” there, but alas, I’ve already eaten my breakfast and it was not pancakes)
Anyway. Pancakes. Healthy pancakes. Which happen to be gluten free and vegan and also happen to be covered in the most delicious coconut chocolate sauce ever (or a drizzle (read: ten drizzles) of delicious agave syrup)
Coincidence? I think not.
These babies are the bomb. Sweet, fluffy and oat-y (is that even an adjetive? Because if it is, in my book it means “perfect” because are things oatmeal are love) – one stack will not suffice! Then there’s this coconut chocolate cream which if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know by now that I’m obsessed with the stuff. And I mean obsessed with a capital O. I dare you to find one of my post which didn’t involve the stuff… oh hey, there isn’t one.
See? That stuff is awesome.
Now mix a fluffy stack of oat pancakes with that glorious spread. 3…2…1… breakfast heaven, you’re there.
And sinful as they might look, they’re completely healthy and full of fiber and all things nice. You could even make some subtitutions to amp up the protein content if you’re not vegan.
Protein + fiber + CARRRRRBS + chocolate – did I hear breakfast perfection?
I shall leave you now my friends – lots of my favorite blogs are waiting for me to read them hehehe.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (45 grams)
- 1/8 cup oat bran (20 grams)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix (80 grams)
- 1/8 cup raw sugar (30 grams)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, hazelnut, oat, cow's... all work)
- 200 grams coconut yogurt
- 30 grams raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 40 grams raw sugar
- stevia to taste
- For the cream, stir all of the ingredients in a bowl and chill to set while you make the pancakes. It tastes much better after a couple of hours!
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in wet ones and mix with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth.
- Grease a non-stick pan with extra olive oil and when it's really hot, spoon out dollops of the batter.
- Cook until bubbles appear and flip carefully.
- Enjoy warm!
- You may sub 2% greek yogurt if not vegan.
- Don't forget to grease your pan - since these are gluten free, they might be a bit difficult to cook if you don't!
- I don't have a really sweet tooth, so you might need more stevia - taste everything to see if if match your liking!
Also, I’d like to thank you all for all your support and good wishes. You’re the sweetest!
Have a nice weekend and HAPPY SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!