Peanut butter and chocolate: the combo which can fix all your problems or at least make you so happy that you forget about them all and smile instead.
Not that cookies can heal shin splits and have me back running in no time, but they definitely help.
Until they’re gone and I feel like crying again, but hey, it’s ok. These are so quick and easy to make that I could spend the rest of my life making batches and eating them.
Oh kidding. I can’t. I’ve made my local store run out of dates. Again.
*Now you should picture me Britney style dancing to the sound of “oooOOooops I did it again”*
Lame, I know. But it’s Monday, and that means that I’ve kind of run out of inspiration so excuse me while I lay here not knowing what to write and craving cookies.
Too bad there’s none left because BAM! I make them and they’re gone the minute after.
I wish they lasted longer, because they make such wonderful pre-workout snacks, you know. And I suppose that they’re dope as the fuel for long runs too. I’m just making guesses here – it’s not as if I was going to be able to run anytime soon.
*Now you picture me sobbing and seriously considerating the option of getting out of the bed and make another batch of cookies just for my self. Alas, I can’t. It’s siesta time and if the mere thought of using the food processor crossed my mind, my mum would kill me*
So no cookies for me.
But you still have the choice to enjoy these, hey. I’m assuming that your family isn’t sleeping at this very moment. Or maybe they are, who knows. Which I know is that it’s worth it to risk it all and make your noisy food processors work for the sake of cookies. So do yourself a favor and make a batch of these cookies. And then eat them while you think of me.
The Britney wannabe version OR the sobbing one, I don’t care.
- PB + Chocolate combo. Do I need to say more? Oh well, then I’ll tell you that they have hints of caramel flavor as well and a salty edge that it’s plain awesome.
- These are healthy to boot, guys. Like, 100% free of processed ingredients and sugar. And hey, they’re vegan and gluten free too. But do you think you’d tell? Nope nope nope. My brothers thought these were every bit as unhealthy as the real deal so I think we have a winner here? Yes, we do!
- These are no bake, which means that a) You could be eating these in seconds and b) You’re going to save tons of money in electricity bills (and therefore you’ll be able to spend it in shoes shhh)
- Perfect pre-workout treat! All those natural sugars and carbs will help you get trough the toughest of workouts. And there’s also a bit of healthy fat and protein involved – how cool is that?
- I guess that if you religiously count calories, you’re not going to like these. I mean, I haven’t calculated the info myself, but I’m assuming that due to the nature of the ingredients, they pack lots of calories. Chill out though – they’re healthy ones!
- 24 medjool dates, pitted
- 200 grams brown cereal flakes
- 75 grams peanuts
- 40 grams coconut oil (3 tbsp.)
- 80 grams chocolate, chopped
- Soak the dates in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until broken down and smooth. Add peanuts and cereal flakes and process until combined. You can leave big chunks if you like it that way.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and pulse until combined.
- Add chopped chocolate.
- Form dough into cookies. You'll get 15 huge cookies or 24-26 smaller ones.
- Chill them in the freezer for one hour. You can eat tehm straight away, but I find that they're much better cold!
- Butter can be used instead of coconut oil.
- Unsweetened brown rice flakes can be found at health food stores, but if you can't get them, you can use those Special K kind instead. Yes, the recipe will no longer be clean eating approved, but 200 grams won't do that much harm!
- I like to keep these in the freezer, as the texture resembles a real baked cooki that way!
Have a lovely week!