Skillet dinners >>>>>>>>
Chicken nuggets >>>>>>>>>>>
BBQ anything = my life
You guys can have a bowl full of these in less than 20 minutes. And the fact that you’ll just have to wash one pan after the nugget making process will make you happier than eating the nuggets itself.
I love me quick easy dinners like this one. Who wants to spend hours breading stuff when the craving for chicken nuggets hits? And then working with hot oil is such a painful mess which makes my house smell of hot oil and *confession time here* I hate hate hate the smell of hot oil and fried stuff in general. So no frying mess for me, no breading either. When I want nuggets I usually am all like “nuggets nuggets EAT ALL THE NUGGETS” and not like “I could spend the next three hours taking naps but I feel like dirtying lots of pans and fry stuff instead so yeah, that’s what I will do and when I’m done with it all I won’t feel like eating chicken nuggets anymore. Yup, sounds liek a nice plan”. Nooooooope, most of the time I’m on the “EAT ALL THE NUGGETS” mode, so having discovered this quick method/recipe saved my nugget loving soul.
Chicken nuggets should rule the world.
Especially if it’s sticky BBQ sauce covered chicken nuggets what we’re talking about. And they’re the kind of nuggets that won’t do much hurt to your waistlines aw yeah.
I am in love.
Hey I think I’ve just found who I’ll be spending Valentine’s day with.
Oh, kidding. It’ll be my textbooks instead. School life sucks.
Speaking of which. If you’re wondering why I’ve been kind of MIA lately, blame exams and homework. In a perfect world I’d be eating all the nuggets instead of studying for (another more) biochem exam… The nugget part sounds x1000 times better, am I right or am I right?
((( I am )))
But now it’s time to study and that’s why I haven’t been reading/commenting on your lovely blogs as much as I’m used to. My apologies, guys. I hope that one big skillet full of these nuggets can make up for it. If it isn’t enough, you can always have a couple (and yes, by “a couple” I mean “a hundred”) of these skinny donut holes for dessert.
((( Please if you’re making both the nuggets and the donut holes, call me and I’ll come round for dinner! )))
Back to the actual nuggets: these aren’t like traditional, breaded nuggets… but they’re quite as awesome, trust me. I don’t really know why I’m calling them nuggets. It’s probably because that’s a word I really like, but you can name these “chicken bites” if you prefer.
Sticky BBQ glazed chicken bites.
Yeeaah. Sounds good to me too.
Guys. Let’s get real serious here. You have to make these. It’s a pan full of sticky chicken bites smothered in your very favorite BBQ sauce and lighty fried in extra-virgin olive oil. Some breadcrumbs have been added to increase the carby factor too… you really can’t miss these!
- 18 oz. skinless chicken breast (that's 3 medium ones)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and stir until the nuggets are completely covered.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and when it's hot enough, add the nuggets and fry them for 3 minutes without touching them so they develope a crispy side.
- Keep on frying until they look golden and crispy. This should take about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken cubes and the size of your frying pan.
- Enjoy warm, but these are awesome reheated as well!
- For healthier nuggets, use a bbq sauce with a short list of ingredients!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!