Am I too late to post a recipe for the superbowl?
Because I think I’m a bit far behind with the recipe calendar. I haven’t even started planning St.Valentine’s recipes yet. Like, I don’t have a clue about what I’ll be making this year, but I’m sure it will involve sprinkles, because, oh well, when is it a bad time to use sprinkles?
Never, the answer is never.
Though I will move over Valentines now, because, despite my love for sprinkles and the like, it is not a holiday I really care about. I’m like a crazy single cat lady but without the cats and stuff… You know, if I were to make any pinky heart-shaped food, it would have to me my mum who ate it #sad
So let’s talk superbowl now.
You guys know I’m not American and yeah, we don’t have Superbowl here… but do you honestly think that that will stop me from eating all the delicious food and appetizers?
If you think that it will, you must be a new reader then. *Hi new reader!*
These cornmeal crusted salmon fingers are too good to be eaten just for the Superbowl. If allowed, I’d have them every single day of my life for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Oh gosh, they’re so good.
They turned out super crispy, yet they’re baked and not fried to skip all the extra fat and greasiness. And the spicyness is to die for. Both the crust and dipping sauce pack such a kick of heat that will make you fall in love if you’re a fan of spicy stuff.
So so so good.
The interior is tender and obviously delicious, because it is salmon, and you know that salmon = awesomeness.
And don’t you guys miss the cheese! It makes the crust so crispy that it makes stop eating these an impossible mission. Believe me, I’ve tried. You won’t be able to stop at one.
Bonus points for the fact that they’re healthy, because it really makes the part where I forget all I know about moderation and self-control and proceed to eat all of the tray much easier.
You guys make these, you won’t regret it.
- 450 grams salmon fillets
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp spicy paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons garlic mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skin the salmon fillets.
- Cut each one into fingers. The number of fingers you get depends on the shape of your fillets. Try to use flatter ones!
- Salt the salmon fingers.
- Whisk the egg.
- Whisk all of the ingredients of the coating BUT THE EGG.
- Dip each finger in the egg and then in the cornmeal mixture until it's completely coated.
- Place in a baking tray.
- Bake at 200ºC for 15 minutes. Turn out the broiler and bake them for 4-5 minutes more or until they're golden and crispy outside.
- This recipe is gluten free, and the fingers can be made dairy free if you leave out the parmesan, as there's not much difference.
- These are best served freshly made.
I hope you like these!