I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to Friday as much as I am now.
Exams will be over.
I’ll be free.
Insane amounts of cookies will be happening in my kitchen.
I’ve just one more exam left and then it’s all done. Until January, that is. Though I’m happy anyway!
As for now, I’m sorry that I’m not reading and commenting as much as I’m used to. Things have gone pretty hectic around here now, and it’s hard for me to find the time to do so. Gaaah, I really really miss it. You know, the part where I read all your post, look at your yummy food and cry because it’s your food and not mine. Oh, and lots of drooling are involved too.
Yup, I kinda miss that part.
Let me tell you about this drink now. I’ll keep it short and sweet because my books are calling me from the desk and I have to get back to work *sighs*.
This, guys, is the nicest drink you’ll ever drink. And I’m not even a big fan of booze. I mean, I never drink alcohol, but this one is worth making an exception.
I usually find alcohol to taste like shampoo, but add cream, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate and you bet I’m in. This one tastes amazing (aka not like something you’d usually find in a drugstore) and it’s so creamy it’s like a dream. Plus it tastes so much like the storebought version (which, let’s be honest: it’s plain fantastic too!) that no one would believe that you’ve made it yourself.
Bonus points for being all festive and fitting for the holidays. Can you guys imagine yourselves sitting in front of the fireplace, unwrapping presents while you sip on this? Heaven on earth, if you ask me.
And extra bonus points for the fact that you only need a blender and 5 seconds of your time to make this.
Oh well, as long as you don’t stop the blender all the time in order to taste try it. Though it’s for the sake of recipe developing, so I guess it’s grand anyway, sure? Yeah, sure.
Now, stop reading and go make this. Isn’t it the perfect drink for all your holiday parties?
- 400 ml. Irish whiskey
- 240 ml. heavy cream
- 200 ml. half and half
- 14 oz. fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Throw everything into a blender and mix until smooth.
- You can serve this straightaway if your ingredients were chilled, but I find that the flavor and texture get 1000 times better when the drink is cold.
- This will keep up to two weeks in the fridge.
- You may use all heavy cream and plain sweetened condensed milk for a creamier version. I was out of those ingredients, but I find my version to be awesome anyway!
- You can use decaf instant coffee if you wish.
- The 3 tablespoons of sugar can be left out if you don't like your drink very sweet. You'll have to taste and try it to see what's better for you. I find 3 tbsp. to be the perfect amount.