3 Ingredients 6 Minutes Salted Caramel Sauce

{Receta en Español próximamente, que me sé de una a la que no le ha dado tiempo a escribirla}

I hope you have all had a great weekend. Mine has been on the exhausting side, because I had to work in the fields again, but I’m finally done with it!!

And I bring good news. Awesome news in the form of caramel sauce.

Would you believe that you can have this stuff ready to eat in less than 6 minutes? That’s less time than it’d take you to go to the store and buy a jar of the artificial stuff. You know the one I mean, that which is so cloyingly sweet that will make you wish you’d never have to eat dessert again… Yeah, I hate that one.

You know that homemade is always tastier and healthier. There are only 3 ingredients in this one. Natural ingredients which might now be as skinny jeans friendly as they can get, but at least you can pronounce their name and your grandparents would have recognized them! You’ll only need brown sugar, salted butter and light cream to make the most perfect caramel sauce I’ve ever put in my mouth. And 6 minutes of your time. How awesome is that?

Don’t be deceived by the fact that this is so quick to make, because this caramel sauce does have a complex flavor, unlike storebought, which tastes like sugar alone. And not only is this quick to make, but foolproof as well. Trust me, this is impossible to ruin! I’ve made it a lot of times and have never burnt it or something like that… and you know that I tend to burn my food. But this sauce? I think it’s invincible and definitely super easy to make!

This is the season for caramel sauce, because it goes amazing with all things apple and cinnamon (I’ve got big things planned for this, wait and you’ll see!, so you definitely need to add this to your recipe repertoire. I tell you, this will be perfect for all that fall-baking you’re planning to do!

3 Ingredients 6 Minutes Salted Caramel Sauce

Prep time 6 minutes
Allergy Milk
Dietary Gluten Free
Meal type Dessert
Misc Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold, Serve Hot
Occasion Birthday Party, Casual Party

Ingredients

• 200 Grams brown sugar
  • 200 Ml. light cream
  • 1 Tbsp. salted butter

Directions

Add sugar and cream to a sauce pan and whisk until no lumps remain.
Bring to a boil and keep it boiling for 5 minutes so it thickens. Don't stop stirring.
Remove from heat and add butter (and salt if your butter is unsalted).
Stir to melt butter.
Let it sit, it thickens more as it cools.

Note

If you're using unsalted butter but still want salted caramel, add 1tsp. salt.

This is delicious as it is, but you can add vanilla extract if you wish.

You can use heavy cream instead of light for a richer sauce, but the light cream one is super righ anyways. The one pictured is made with light cream.

It keeps in the fridge up to one week (that I know of, it might last longer).

Happy Monday!

• Reply Joanne October 14, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I am so impressed with your caramel-making skillz!! Such a great reward after a day of hard work!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Thank you Joanne! 😉

• Reply Joanne October 14, 2013 at 5:04 pm

yay for caramel! Yours looks awesome. And it’s definitely such a great reward after a day of hard work!

• Reply Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes October 14, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Can I just eat this with a spoon??!! Looks amazing!!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

You surely can! Thanks! 😉

• Reply Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes October 14, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Can I just eat this with a spoon??! Looks awesome!!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:56 am

You surely do! Thank you :–)

• Reply Jamie@Milk N Cookies October 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Consuelo, this salted caramel sauce looks so thick and creamy. I’m sure it would be absolutely perfect for drizzling. Every time I’ve used salted caramel, I’ve gotten lazy and used the store bought time. But you’ve thoroughly convinced me that I need to stop taking the lazy woman’s way out — it’s time to make some salted caramel for myself!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

It is thick and creamy indeed! Yeah, you should totally make this, I’m sure you’ll love it! Happy Monday :–)

• Reply Monica October 14, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Wow – I always think of caramel as a very tricky thing. I’m really impressed by the 3 ingredients, and only needing 6 minutes almost sounds too good to be true (but I trust you)! ; ) Very cool – thanks for sharing it!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

It can be tricky sometimes… but this version is so easy that it still amazes me! Thanks Monica 🙂

• Reply Amy @ Elephant Eats October 14, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Wow, who knew caramel was so easy to make! This looks incredible…

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Thank you Amy!! 😀

• Reply Dolega October 14, 2013 at 8:02 pm

¡Tiene un aspecto impresionante!
    Besazo

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Gracias :))
      Un beso

• Reply Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry October 14, 2013 at 9:17 pm

This caramel looks simple but way better than storebought!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:20 pm

• Reply Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen October 14, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I love caramel sauce Consuelo, so I’m definitely going to have a go at making this. Thanks for inspiring me!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I hope you’ll love it 🙂

• Reply Black Cat October 14, 2013 at 10:36 pm

oooo yum yum yum! Already picturing the apple pies and poached pears this would be amazing drizzled over! Looks so delicious!

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Poached pears and caramel sound amazing… I’m drooling now! Thanks, dear! x

• Reply Lehahiah0909 October 14, 2013 at 11:06 pm

A ver a ver a ver….como es esto?? que publicas algunos post en español y otros en ingles?? y tu blog es de cocina?? me lo tienes que explicar vale?? porque mira no te digo que no tenga yo que pedirte sugerencias cuando me surja una situación de esas de sorprender en la mesa a la familia o a los amigos…y digo…tu nombre es muy español no?? ayyyy que me estoy liandooo
    Ya me vas contando…mientras te dejo besos que llevan un monton de alas

• Reply Consuelo October 14, 2013 at 11:23 pm

A ver si me explico bien:

1. El blog empezó como un blog de cocina en Inglés y Español que escribía solo yo (Consuelo), pero como ya no tengo tiempo con el instituto y esas cosas, pues la versión en Español la escribe mamá, y ya escribe ella lo que quiere, yo solo pongo la receta debajo.
      2. Todas las recetas están en Español e Inglés, menos esta última (que lo estará) por falta de tiempo.
      3. Y sí, nosotras somos españolas jajaja.

Un besazo, gracias por pasarte 🙂

• Reply Laurel y Menta October 15, 2013 at 12:29 am

Vaya salsita rica… Ese tarrito lo queremos para nuestros postres, ja, ja, ja…
    Un besazo, preciosa.

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:41 am

¡Y quién no! 😉
      Un beso x

• Reply blahnikbaker October 15, 2013 at 1:51 am

Oh love this recipe!! I love making my own salted caramel but I’ve never used brown sugar. I am going to try this easy recipe for sure.

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:42 am

Brown sugar makes it even more flavorful! Hope you’ll love it 🙂

• Reply blahnikbaker October 22, 2013 at 3:16 am

I had to come back and tell you that I tried it with brown sugar aka your recipe above and I loved it!! Used it in a cheesecake this weekend and I’ll post the recipe soon. Thanks for the recipe 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 22, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Aw did you? You can’t imagine how happy I am that you tried, thanks! 🙂

• Reply Marcie@flavorthemoments October 15, 2013 at 2:00 am

I’d grab a spoon and eat it right from the jar! Looks delicious, Consuelo!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:51 am

So would I, Marcie! Thanks 😉

• Reply shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 15, 2013 at 2:35 am

Amazing looking caramel sauce Consuelo! I think you should sell it – I will buy the first jar 😉

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:52 am

Really? 😉 Thank you! x

• Reply Ashley October 15, 2013 at 2:46 am

I just love homemade caramel sauce – and this version is so easy! Looks delicious! Hope you had a great weekend Consuelo!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:52 am

It’s so easy, indeed! Thank you, I hope you had a lovely one as well 🙂

• Reply Davida @The Healthy Maven October 15, 2013 at 2:53 am

I love making my own caramel! So long as I’m careful and don’t burn my hand off! For the record salted caramel tastes AMAZING in oatmeal!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:53 am

I’d never thought of that combo, it sounds stellar! Must try for tomorrow’s breakfast 😉 Thanks!

• Reply Christin@SpicySouthernKitchen October 15, 2013 at 4:53 am

Love the pictures Consuelo! They are beautiful! You are right- homemade caramel sauce is so much better than store bought and this time of year, there are so many foods to drizzle a little caramel sauce on. Thanks for sharing such an easy version. Caramel sauce can be a little intimidating!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:53 am

Thank you so much, Christin! It is perfet for this season, for sure! Have a great day 🙂

• Reply anecdotesandapples October 15, 2013 at 5:01 am

We all need a basic and delicious caramel recipe like this! I’m making it as soon as I get a spare moment. Thank you for sharing. Just beautiful!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:54 am

Let me know how you like it! Thank you :))

• Reply Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl October 15, 2013 at 5:18 am

I love how simple and quick this caramel sauce is to make, it would be perfect on some ice cream, or donuts, or pancakes, or just directly into my mouth. Yum!

• Reply Consuelo October 15, 2013 at 7:55 am

I agree. Caramel sauce straight in the mouth is one of the best things ever, yum! xx

• Reply Anne ~ Uni Homemaker October 15, 2013 at 9:31 am

I like the sound of this caramel sauce. So easy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe Consuelo! 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I’m so happy you like it, Anne! 🙂

• Reply shannonroche October 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Very lovely! Perfect for drizzling on apple pie!

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Absolutely! 😉

• Reply Aimee / Wallflower Girl October 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm

mmmmmmmmm! That top picture… I just want to swoop my head in between the jar and spoon, with my mouth wide open… I love how simple this sounds, I have no excuse not to try it now 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Yeah, same here! I hope you’ll love it 😉

• Reply Taylor @ greens & chocolate October 15, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Salted caramel in 6 minutes?! That sounds dangerous! But delicious 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm

It’s dangerously awesome indeed 😉

• Reply Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life October 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Congratulations on being done! What a great feeling! Um, does this have to be eaten on something, because it looks way too good by itself (my pants don’t think so, but I don’t listen to them:) This looks way better than storebought and I LOVE how easy it is and how you get instant gratification. Not many recipes are like that! Hugs! Mary Frances

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Thanks, girl! Yeah, it’s so good by itself! Aww, thanks again for your sweet comments, hugs! 🙂

• Reply Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods October 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Yay for being done with the harvest!! Yum!! If I could jump through this screen I would eat that sauce up! I love love caramel sauce. Bummer is I never make it because I am the only one who likes it. 🙁

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Thanks!! Are you?? I know what you mean, and yeah that could be dangerous! I’m the one in my household who likes brownies and I can never make them because I know I’d eat the whole pan by myself 😉

• Reply Ruby @ The Ruby Red Apron October 15, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I can’t believe you can make caramel sauce in just 6 minutes! I will have to try this for sure! Last time I tried making caramel sauce… umm actually I don’t want to remember that. 😛

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I remember the first time I tried (it was a different recipe though!) and the results were terrible haha but this one is impossible to ruin 😉

• Reply Allie BakingAMoment October 16, 2013 at 12:15 am

I never knew it could be so simple! Wow! And it looks utterly gorgeous…

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Yes, it’s super easy indeed! Thanks Allie 😉

• Reply Vicky and Ruth October 16, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Nos encanta lo simple y facil de hacer que es esta salsa de caramelo y también nos encanta que hayas utilizado mantequilla con sal. El toque se sal en la salsa de caramelo la hace aun mas deliciosa.

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Desde luego que sí,le añade un toquecito delicioso. Me alegro mucho de que os guste, ¡un beso!

• Reply makingthymeforhealth October 16, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Wow, six minutes is impressive! And tasty. 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thanks! 🙂

• Reply Jo October 16, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I have been meaning to make salted caramel sauce for some time. This looks SO delicious and straightforward, my wait is over. I am going to give it a go. A gorgeous post – thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 16, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Thanks, Jo! I’m so happy you like it, let me know how it turns out 😀

• Reply Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 17, 2013 at 9:28 am

only 6 minutes to make salted caramel sauce?! dangerously good 😀

• Reply Consuelo October 17, 2013 at 4:11 pm

It is so dangerous indeed 😉

• Reply Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner October 19, 2013 at 1:02 am

I had no idea it was this easy to make caramel sauce. Darn, I just bought a bottle. Need to keep this in mind when I run out. Looks delish. 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 19, 2013 at 9:18 am

It is super simple indeed! I hope you’ll love it 😀

• Reply thecupcakeconfession October 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Now that’s the type of caramel sauce I’d want to slather my desserts with! So simple and delicious! Making a jar filled to the brim first thing in the morning! 🙂

• Reply Consuelo October 21, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Aww, thanks, I hope you’ll love it as much as I did 😀

• Reply Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake - Halloween Celebrations - Blahnik Baker October 28, 2013 at 1:01 pm

[…] snickers bars folded into the cheesecake and topped with homemade brown sugar salted caramel sauce (Honey & Figs) and more snickers!! The cheesecake is oh so creamy, sweet, salty and crunchy at times when you get […]

• Reply Homemade Date Paste - honey & figs November 9, 2013 at 11:11 pm

[…] with the paste today. Needless to say it was amazing! You know that I’m a huge fan of this 3 Ingredient 6 Minutes Salted Caramel sauce, but hey, I’m not one to pass a refined sugar-free, vegan one which also tastes […]

• Reply Gingerbread Roulade with Caramel and Cinnamon Cream | The Black Cat Kitchen December 8, 2013 at 10:41 pm

[…] grated stem ginger into the mix as I like the extra kick of ginger it adds. *For my caramel I used this version from Honey and Figs – it’s quick, easy and delicious and adds that perfect extra […]

• Reply Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake - Favorite Recipes August 30, 2014 at 9:23 pm

[…] Salted Caramel Sauce […]