No Bake Oreo Mini Cheesecakes

Hi everybody!!!

Look, what I’m bringing you today isn’t health food in the slightest. Nope. Like at all.
But, oh man, it’s so darn good. Creamy, not too heavy, smooth, sweet, crunchy and it tastes like a huge bowl of cookies and cream ice-cream (I was told by my testers it is better than the Haagen-Dazs version, mind you, it is that good, I mean, I’d never lie to you when it comes to cheesecake ok?)

But does it mean that you can’t eat this if you’re looking what you eat/on a diet/a health nut/etc…? No, no and NO. We truly believe that the key to a healthy, well-balance diet is to allow yourself a couple of special treats every now and then, it doesn’t matter if they aren’t the healthiest, skinniest desserts you can think of; just go ahead and enjoy every bite of it without feeling guilty, because you sure deserve it 😉

Having made it that clear, let me tell you that this is my favourite not-so-skinny-jeans-friendly-treat ever. Even though there’s quite a lot of cream in the recipe, it doesn’t feel heavy on the slightest, which makes this a perfect end to every meal. It’s super creamy, luscious and smooth (with the occasional crunch from the oreo bites, yum!) and the cream cheese adds a great tang which contrasts with the overall sweeteness beautifully.

And did I mention how easy and quick was this to prepare?? It is a win if you’re always short on time and look for a not too complicated dessert which can be made ahead of time.
I absolutely cannot find something I dislike about these mini-cakes (except for, maybe, the nutrition facts ;)), so go and prepare it, gulf it down and do not worry about it, because you can always run an extra mile tomorrow, can’t you? 😉

Now, here’s the recipe, adapted from Cemplang Cemplung:

(Yields 10 mini-cheesecakes like the one pictured)

16 oreo (cookie and filling), crushed
50 gr. melted butter (I used light because it was what I had on hand)

200 gr. light cream cheese
350 ml. heavy whipping cream
95 gr. sugar
2 gelatine sheets
12 oreo cookies, made into pieces

For the crust, mix oreo crumbs and butter and put mixture in mini-pans. Let it chill on the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Hydrate gelatin sheets in cold water. Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Now, whip cream until stiff. Squeeze excess water from the gelatin sheets and dissolve in 1 tbsp. hot water. Add gelatin to cream cheese (which should be warm, or else lumps will form). Fold in whipped cream carefully. Now, add oreo pieces and spoon the mixture into the mini-pans.
At this point, you can either chill the mini-cheesecakes until firm or freeze them for a couple of hours for an ice-cream like treat (which is what I did, it’s better that way)
I really do hope you give this stuff a try, you won’t regret it.

Question of the day: what’s your favourite not-so-healthy treat? 🙂

Consuelo xx

• Reply Carlos Martinez Garcia June 18, 2013 at 1:47 am

Exquisitez en grado sumo; alimento para el cuerpo y también para los sentidos. Poseen una textura muy suave que hace imposible detectar qué componentes posee (si hubiera sido así no habría probado bocado puesto que no me gusta el queso fundido y cremoso). Para nada se hacen pesadas como cabría de pensar al ver tanto lácteo junto mezclado con gelatina. Claro está que yo las probé directamente de la creadora de este blog; y eso es un ¡privilegio!. Recomendado para momentos especiales.

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 18, 2013 at 9:18 am

Jajajajaja, hola Carlos, ¡muchas gracias!
      A ver cuando vuelves por aquí y te preparamos otras 😉

• Reply Laurel y Menta June 18, 2013 at 10:12 am

Qué riquísimas se ven, Consuelo. Y esa textura suave y cremosa pero a la vez crujiente tiene que ser la bomba.
    Creo que vamos a saltarnos la operación bikini, merece la pena, ja, ja…
    Besos, guapísima.

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 19, 2013 at 9:56 am

La verdad es que sí la merecen, aquí no quedaron ni las migas ;–)
      Muchas gracias, besitos x

• Reply Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen June 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm

These look delicious – and I love that you shaped them into hearts! Cheesecake is one of my all-time favorites. Swoon! Love love! Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen.

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 19, 2013 at 9:57 am

Yay, cheesecake’s like my favourite dessert ever too! Thank you so much :–)

• Reply Christin@SpicySouthernKitchen June 18, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I love anything with cream and chocolate! Love the cute little shapes!

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

It’s a killer combination haha. We’re glad you like them! :-*

• Reply Laura June 19, 2013 at 12:10 am

Qué delicioso postre, esto lo tengo que probar este verano. Os cuento…
    Muy buen blog, encantada de haberos conocido…

Bss

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 19, 2013 at 9:59 am

No te lo pierdas, que no es porque lo diga yo, pero salen muy ricas 😉
      Muchas gracias, nosotras también estamos encantadas de haber descubierto el tuyo.
      ¡Un beso!

• Reply Drink me · Eat me June 19, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Qué buena pinta (como todo lo que hacéis:-)). Me la apunto en el “cuaderno de recetas que quiero hacer” y, en cuanto tenga un ratito, me pongo con ella (aunque primero hemos decidido, por “votación popular”, hacer la tarta helada de yogur y fresas…^_^).

Besos.

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo June 19, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Jaja, buena elección, esperamos que os guste tanto como nos gustó a nosotras 😉
      Muchas gracias, besitos x

• Reply Josefine June 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Oh my – These are adorable!
    I have to try making them 🙂

• Reply Inma Vega July 4, 2013 at 7:43 am

Hola! me encanta esta receta,iba buscando una oreo cheesecake mini para el cumple de mi hija y esto es mejor aun ,porciones individuales y si sobran al congelador.Muy buena idea.Me la llevo!
    Muchas gracias.Besos

• Reply Consuelo Morcillo July 4, 2013 at 8:43 am

¡Hola! Nos alegra mucho que te gusten. Esperamos que también le encanten a tu hija (felicidades, por cierto).
      Muchas gracias por pasarte por aquí, un beso :–)

• Reply laurasmess September 3, 2013 at 4:55 pm

These look so beautiful Consuelo! Wow. Love the heart shapes. Can’t go wrong with oreos and cream cheese! x

• Reply ELECCIONES | La boticaria desquiciada October 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

[…] Os enlazaré las recetas más recientes o alguna antigua que haya editado.  Hoy os recomiendo una salada, la ensalada con bacon y nueces, y una dulce reeditada, las tartitas de oreo. […]